We're looking for a part-time creative intern to provide operational support, with the opportunity to earn paid work.
- 9 hours per week over 2 or 3 days
- Flexible terms
- Additional access to a J2 desk and services for personal projects
- Great location in Noosa
About the role
This part-time intern role providing operational support to Junction 2 Coworking (J2) in Noosa Heads would be ideal for a student, career switcher or parent
returning to work who has a serious interest in design, creative arts and / or digital marketing. While the role is primarily administrative and operational
support, opportunities may be presented for this role to take on additional projects in collaboration with J2 member businesses. All
the better if you already have an ABN! We're after someone who is willing to take a mature approach to learning the ins and outs of small business operation and who will also value the opportunities this presents to develop their skills and interest in a creative / design field.
J2 is a medium-sized coworking space with members ranging in profession from illustrators and web developers, to financial advisors and strategic business
consultants. Key tasks for this role will include bookkeeping (filing of receipts, invoicing, accounts), office management (maintaining office supplies,
housekeeping, keeping our plants alive) and acting as community host to new and existing J2 members. Yes, there is some ‘tidying’ involved. No, we
won’t ask you to polish the floors. Yes, you will learn valuable skills that future employers are looking for!
The role will be required to complete operational support tasks each day of attendance before then being free to stay on at J2 until closing to work on
your own personal or collaborative projects. You will have access to the same facilities as our members, including free espresso coffee (MYO).
- High level of attention to detail and thorough approach to tasks
- Ability to work under direction, independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to master both menial and creative tasks
- Currently studying or about to undertake study in visual / digital media, OR
- Experience or interest in digital marketing, design or other creative field (illustration, copywriting, web dev)
- Relaxed and friendly manner, comfortable with meeting and greeting
- Access to a desk and high speed internet to work on your own projects
- Rub shoulders with creative professionals (J2 member businesses)
- Access to J2 facilities and services (some restrictions apply)
- 1.4km from Noosa Main Beach
- Internship is for a period of 6 months with the potential to extend
- Preference is for 3 hours per day, 3 mornings per week (flexible)
- BYO laptop computer (peripherals can be provided)
If you're interested in applying please send us a current CV in Word or PDF and a spiel that briefly covers the following:
- a bit about yourself
- why you would like to intern at J2
- what you’re working on right now
- any work experience you’ve had so far
- links to any portfolio examples (website, Behance...)
We're looking for someone to start early February. Please direct all questions and applications via email to email@example.com
Applications close January 27 (extended).